Episode 004 – “Can’t Hold Us Down”
Summary: Episode 004 – “Can’t Hold Us Down”
The hosts discuss this week’s current events and how society continues to alienate the LGBTQ community. Topics include The Church of Latter Day Saints’ stance on Same-Sex Couples, Bisexuality, a transgender beer, and LGBT persons in prison. Click here to skip to the audio.
Hosts: Sonya Saturday, Sarah-Kathryn Bryan, Dana Little
Church of Latter Day Saints On Same-Sex Couples
- Sarah-Kathryn discusses a new Handbook policy in the Church of LDS that labels Same-Sex couples apostates.
- Dana educates us in her RealTalk discussion around Bisexuality.
- Dana discusses the stigmas associated with being bisexual.
- Sonya discusses a new beer being unofficially called the “Transgender Beer.”
- Full article available here.
LGBTQ Persons in Prison
- In Dana’s 2nd RealTalk session, she discusses the upsetting reality of LGBTQ persons in Prison.
- Too often, LGBTQ persons are at risk for solitary confinement.
Thanks for listening! Be sure to subscribe to The TalkRainbow Podcast and comment your thoughts below.
|CONTENT WARNING: THIS MEDIA CONTAINS SUGGESTIVE LANGUAGE FOR MATURE AUDIENCES. LISTENER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.|